So you may be wondering, what is a Student Director?
The representative voice of the students, in the past the SD has:
- Developed contacts in each PA program across NYS
- Make various school visits to successfully increase student membership
- Recruit students to apply for NYSSPA Scholarships
- Plan and recruit students to participate in Medical Jeopardy at the NYSSPA Fall
- Recruit lecturers for the NYSSPA Fall Conference “Student Tract” lecture series
- Represent our point of view in PA schools and as students
- Formally poll the students on their view of the NCCPA re-examination changes
- Create better representation in decision making for regulations and movements within our profession.
- Build and promote the social media platforms created from previous student directors to help improve interactions and communication with students in NYS PA schools
- Promote and create more student opportunities in NYSSPA committees
Let me represent your voice. A large role of the Student Director involves relaying all student opinions, thoughts, and actions to the NYSSPA council. Our career is taking a wild turn with the new NCCPA examination changes and we need formal representation when discussing this movement. In order to protect our future and enjoy our PA careers, I plan to formally poll your thoughts to present to the NYSSPA board. Concrete statistics from online polls can be very powerful when making changes. I have demonstrated experience in the areas needed to make this happen: leadership, surveying, and communication.
Residing in our capital, Albany, New York I plan to make your voice heard in legislation. For example, I will attend Lobby Day in the capital to support laws that will aid in gaining autonomy in procedures such as fluoroscopy. As you are aware, NYSSPA plays an important role in initiating the advancement of our PA career across the country.
Lastly, in the past 5 years, this position has not been held by anyone from an upstate NY school; however, if you give me your vote, we can break that trend. Let me represent your voice and all of New York as a Student Director to make a difference for all students in NYSSPA.
How to Vote:
Ballots are now open until May 6th, 2016. If you are a NYSSPA student member, you will receive an email with a link to the ballot. If you are not a member, this is a great reason to join, you can vote for the most dependable and promising candidate.